At Suffolk Garage Door – We pride ourselves on our service!
Part of the solution is to avoid the problem.
To function effectively, garage doors rely on torsion or extension springs, which are wound very tightly to generate enough tension on the door to make it lift. Most modern doors possess safety mechanisms to keep a snapping spring from flying free and causing injury. That said, these don’t mitigate every risk. If you attempt to repair a malfunctioning door, you could put yourself in harm’s way. Conventional garage doors also have bottom brackets, which are under extreme tension. If someone deliberately or accidentally loosens one of these brackets, serious injury may occur.
A professional garage door service can help you side-step serious problems by providing experienced service you can count on.
Sometimes homeowners don’t realize their garage doors is not functioning the right way until there is a problem.
Most problems can be avoided by regular Garage Door Inspection.
Garage Door Inspection
Garage Door Check Includes:
Garage Door Balance
Cables – checking for frays and wear
Overall Garage Door Condition
During an inspection, we’ll perform a safety checklist:
- Adjust spring and secure it.
- Hinges for splits, cracks and wear.
- Ensure that bolts and screws are secure.
- Visually inspect springs, looking for problems and signs of wear.
- Evaluate the force setting or sensitivity of the garage door opener to ensure that it’s safe and functioning properly.
- Lubricate all moving parts according to the manufacturer’s precise specifications.
Garage Door Inspection
- Inspect the roller wheels to look for excessive wear or noise.
- Inspect the tracks and adjust the spacing and alignment if necessary.
- Inspect pulleys on extension spring doors and cable drums on torsion spring doors.
- Inspect the bottom brackets looking for rust and excessive wear.
Long Island Garage Door with Great Services:
- 24/7 Emergency Response
- Same Day Repair
- Torsion Spring Replacement
- Garage Door Tune-up and Inspection
- Repair of Existing Openers
- Repair Off-Track Doors
- Repair Sagging Doors
- Panel Replacement
- Roller Replacement
- Sectional Replacement
- Cable Replacement
- Garage Door Maintenance
- Weather Seals – Top, Sides and Bottom
Answering any question about gate repair or installation with patient and respect.